The Scales have been Tipped Over, Now it’s time to Restore Balance back to its Natural State
There are some major trends in the Health & Wellness industry that are becoming even more common and apparent across the well developed regions of North America, Western Europe and Australia. Although there has been a fast decline in general health due to the increase in fast food consumption that is linked to heart disease and obesity, there are a good number of people who have become more health conscious, aware of the ingredients they consume, questioning how the food made it on their plate, educating themselves on the synthetic chemicals used in factory farming, seeking wholesome ingredients and fresh produce from local farmers and small businesses rather than big chain stores. Needless to say that there are countless of natural health stores, Chinese herb stores and East Indian herb and spice stores that are sprouting up across urban areas. In addition to the number of health and wellness clinics, spas and centres opening up that offer a variety of paramedical treatments including massage therapy, physiotherapy, chiropractic, nutritionist and lifestyle wellness counseling.
The Decline in Health due to the North American Food System
- 50,000,000 People in US depend on Fast Food
- 40% of Canadians have High Cholesterol
- 56% of Canadians consume less than the recommended 5 servings of Fruit & Vegetable
- 1 in 10 Meals is a Snack from a Fast Food Restaurant
- 30% of kids in NA visit a Fast Food Restaurant
- 60% of adults over 18 are overweight or obese
- 26% of children are overweight or obese
- 49% of Canadians are physically active, implying 51% are not
- 23% of Canadians report a higher degree of life stress
- 33% of People in Western Society will encounter Cancer
- 33% of Children aged 1-4 years old would develop a food allergy
UK Health is declining despite being predominantly Organic 20 years ago
- 20% of teenagers age 15 are obese 60% of children eat potato chips as a daily snack after school
- Today’s generation approximately survives on french fries and burgers completely. Fresh foods like fruits and vegetables are forgotten about. Eventually children after a few generations will not consider that fruits and vegetables are essential to the human body.
- Some children who don’t know any better are not even aware that carrots actually grow from the soil and are not “grown” out of a can that has the carrots soaked in salted water.
Find out more about the Natural Alternative to Over the Counter Drugs.